Have you ever felt uncertain? It can really get in the way of us getting what we want in life.
When you're feeling uncertain, what happens? You feel afraid. This fear can take many forms, some of the most common being:
- Fear of rejection,
- Fear of failure,
- Fear of not being good enough,
- Fear of not being loved...
So what do you do with that fear?
Try this exercise
Think of a someone you admire. What do you notice? Among other things, they know where they're going - no matter what is currently happening around them. They're certain.
But where does this certainty come from? More importantly, can you experience it, too?
The answer is, "Yes." No matter who you are or what's happened to you, you can learn to how to become certain when you're uncertain.
Try this exercise right now:
- Start to move at a very slow pace,
- Stoop over in your posture,
- Slump your shoulders,
- Speak slowly, with no enthusiasm in your voice,
- Use words like 'try' and 'hope' when thinking of your goals...
- What happens? How do you feel? How does that affect your state?
Right. It's not very good, is it?
You see, our mind is directly affected by what we do with our body. If you change the tempo of your movement, your breathing, the inflexion in your voice, etc., you are literally changing your physiology. When you change your physiology, you change your emotional and mental state, and your actions and the resultant quality of those actions change dramatically (if you're into "Law of Attraction" you change your vibration considerably).
The result? You get what you want... or what you're focused on.
Strategies to use to get what you want
So where do you begin to get what you want?
- You can start by monitoring the above-mentioned aspects of your physical body.
- You can also look to what you do on a daily basis. More specifically, change your daily habits. We are a product of our habits and most of us perform these habits as unconscious rituals. Change your rituals, change your results.
Here are a couple strategies that I use regularly with my clients, that I will share with you now. You can begin to apply them today:
- Repeat positive affirmations such as "I love my life. All I need is within me now." It will make a tremendous difference when you repeat it several times over and with enough emotional intensity that you believe what you are saying.
It's a great way to start your day in an empowered and resourceful state. You can add a fist pump at the end, and say things such as, "Yes! That's right!"
- Get physical! Do something - go for a walk or a run, do some yoga or anything else that will work for you - every day.
This is vital to your well-being, and you can use exercise as a time to practice your affirmations - make them your mantra to help you stay motivated and driven through your workout!
- Time travel. No, that wasn't a typo; time travel is real. At least to your subconscious mind.
Without going into too much detail here, it is important to note that the subconscious mind (about 90% of your mental faculties) is deductive by nature. This means that it takes everything literally; it can't tell the difference between what is real and what is imagined.
And because it is deductive, it also must express whatever is imprinted upon it (and, again, we usually do this unconsciously) through the body.
A simple, albeit crude, example of this is when you have a sexual fantasy. What happens? You get aroused. The subconscious mind believed the fantasy to be real, and expressed it through your body accordingly.
Now, one way you can begin to intentionally imprint what you really desire upon your subconscious mind. Take five minutes before you go to sleep at night and just as you wake up in the morning to pretend that you already have whatever it is you desire. Do this as if it were real now.
Use all your senses - everything you see, hear, feel, taste and touch. You'll be programming your subconscious mind to alter your state, come up with solutions, and notice cues in your environment to move toward whatever it is that you want.
Your new ritual
When you perform all three tasks on a daily basis - as your new ritual - you'll see a dramatic change in your state and you'll become certain when you're uncertain.
Need a little one-on-one? Contact me!