There's a quote in the Bible that says, "Where there is no vision, the people perish." Regardless of your religious beliefs, this statement is true of every single person alive.
Do you tend to control the circumstances in your life... or are the circumstances in your life controlling you?
To help answer this question, ask yourself another: How much stress do you feel on a regular basis?
The amount of stress you tend to feel is a good indicator of how in control you feel in your life. t's easy to allow people, circumstances, and situations in our lives to gain control over us — unless we choose gain control over our own minds, emotions and actions.
What are you focusing on?
What we tend to focus on has a tremendous effect on the way we feel. When you focus on things that are beyond your control, then you'll feel stressed! For instance:
- Your past,
- What's currently missing from your life or
- The terrible things that could happen tomorrow...
You might feel overwhelmed, helpless, depressed, fearful, angry and hopeless.
For those reading this that have experienced depression, I'm sure you'll agree that even when you were taking antidepressants, you still felt depressed when you focussed on the wrong things—particularly the things in your life over which you had no control!
What successful people focus on
People who are successful and fulfilled, on the other hand, focus on the things they can control and are appreciative of the things that they currently have in their life. Further, they focus on where they are going - their vision.
Once you shift your focus, you'll begin moving toward the future you desire. You see, we are all creative by nature. The root word of creativity is Creator, which is within. When you change your focus, you become a Creator again, instead of simply attempting to deal with things as the manager of yor life.
What about vision?
How does this relate to vision? It's far too easy to lose your vision when you face failures, setbacks or disappointments in your life.
We've all experienced deep, heart-breaking disappointment where something we had our heart set on was seemingly ripped out of our grasp, or someone we trusted betrayed us... Or even worse, when we've betrayed ourselves.
In order to create a life where you're truly thriving - not just surviving - you must shift your focus.
How to shift your focus
Where can you start? Start with passion.Choose something that makes you feel alive —a goal, a dream, a desire —something that you want so badly, it all but forces you toward it. It compels you to move toward it. It makes every fibre of your being burn with desire.
The truth is, you've already done this. You may not have noticed, but there have been plenty of things you've wanted in your life... and gotten (your job, your spouse, the house you live in, the shirt you're wearing, the cup of coffee you're drinking...).
You are responsible for everything that you have in your life today.
Look in the mirror. What do you see? The cause of all your problems... and the solution. So, if you want to begin thriving, here's what you can do, beginning today:
- Start by shifting your focus to things that you can control in your life:
- How you use your free time,
- When you exercise,
- The quallity, quantity and frequency of your meals,
- How many prospecting calls you make,
- The advertising you invest in,
- How Present you are for your spouse or your kids...
- Ask yourself what difference you can make for the people in your life in a way where they can really take it in.
- Practice the art of gratitude. Look for everything you have to be grateful for right now—even the little things like the fact that you're reading this. In fact, see if you can't find 12 things to be genuinely grateful for right now. Really feel your gratitude—what's great about right now?. The Universe will give you more for which you can be grateful.
Now act on it
But don't just take my word for it. Put these three steps into practice. Then, see what happens from there.
Need a little visual? I'll show you exactly how to take advantage of uncertainty in 3 easy steps. Contact me to find more free tips and strategies you can use to transform your life today.