Once you put the pieces of the puzzle together, you'll be able to relax. Organizational skills can be learned easily with the right coach.
Life can become cluttered without us realizing it. Time can slip out of our hands like the finest sand. Poor organization can cost us at work, at home, in our social lives, and anywhere else too. It's not that we want to let ourselves or other people down, it's just that somehow we can't pull things together in a way that enables us to deliver on our promise. Of course, it doesn't have to be that way – some time spent with a life coach can allow us to develop our own strategies and tactics to be all we can be.
SIGNS OF POOR ORGANIZATION SURVEY
Before we seek help for a problem, it can be helpful to think about exactly what we need help for. Take the following survey to find out if you fall prey to some warning signs that you may be suffering from poor organization in your life:
Is your home or workspace drowning in clutter? Yes No
- Are you struggling to find things easily? Yes No
- Do you know where everything is – but no-one else does? Yes No
- Do people flinch when they see the pile of paperwork on your desk? Yes No
- When visitors come to your home do they have to edge round books, toys, household equipment or even have to move them to sit down? Yes No
Is time management an issue? Yes No
- Are you regularly late for meetings or social events? Yes No
- Are you always the first person in the office and the last to leave? Yes No
- Do you forget important occasions on a regular basis? Yes No
- Do you know what day of the week it is, and what date it is? Yes No
Is prioritization a problem? Yes No
- Have you been criticized for failing to see what's important at work? Yes No
- Do you find yourself unable to see the “big picture” because you keep getting bogged down in the details? Yes No
- Is it hard for you to name the most important project you're working on at the moment? Yes No
- Have your friends and family ever commented that you don't seem to understand what matters to them? Yes No
If you answered Yes to two or more of the questions above, chances are you could do with the help of a life coach to get yourself more organized.
It's easy to slip into a disorganized state. Even the most together people can find that moments of stress force them to put things to one side for a while. When they've overcome the issue they may find that they are still struggling to fit things that have been neglected into their normal lives.
WHAT WILL A LIFE COACH HELP ME TO DO?
A life coach will help you develop an action plan that allows you to become organized. You'll identify the specific areas that are bothering you and/or hindering your life. You'll choose your own priorities and decide how you will address them successfully. You'll have a sensitive ear to rely on when things seem to be getting too much to handle.
Your coach doesn't have a magic wand that can fix your problems in an instant. What they do have is the experience to help you reach for your own magic wand.
Poor organization can cost you time and money, it leads to lost opportunities in all aspects of your life. It's not necessary to feel that way. You're capable of being organized, all you need is someone to help you find that skill within you.
Can you think of a time where a coach might have helped you avoid a major problem caused by poor organization?