Is your energy going down the drain? Eliminate your hidden energy drainers!We often think about our physical environment when it comes to getting rid of clutter—but how about our mental environment?
Try this activity to de-clutter mentally and free up your energy in the process:
- On a piece of paper, list some energy drainers:
- Things that just make your shoulders sag each time you think about having to do them;
- Things that routinely pop into your head that you just haven't taken care of doing,
- Unfinished business, etc.
- Determine which are things you are just procrastinating about, and which are things you or others tell you that you "should" be doing.
- Write down the first thing you could do toward accomplishing those items you are procrastinating about doing:
- Clarify something,
- Just do it,
- Give it a deadline, etc.
- Imagine what activities you could rather be doing if you eliminated one of your "should" energy drainers. Ask yourself what is keeping you from eliminating this thing. Now write down the first step you could take to eliminate it.
Enjoy your freed up energy as you de-clutter your mental energy drainers!